Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Vacation and Hawaii poems

Well... It's been a while, hasn't it? If you're wondering why, it's 'cos I've been in Hawaii for the past 10 days. I was on vacation, visiting my relatives and stuff like that. I have so much to talk about.... get ready :)

Here are some poems that I wrote, they haven't really been edited yet, so they're still raw....

On a connecting flight out of the Big Island of Hawaii:

Regrets

Good bye ocean, though I regret,
Not dipping a toe,
In your aquamarine waters,
From the sky I look,
Way down at the bleak, slate green sea,
And shiver.


Walking on the Waikiki Beach at night:

Immortal Sands

We leave our tracks,
On a still, yet distant forever,
Knowing that some will wash away,
Like sands by an ocean,
Only to be rewritten by another,
As a good story told again, and again.

Some will stay and be immortalized,
Like footprints on the moon,
A landmark to others,
A goal to be reached, and passed,
Sometime in the distant forever.



Looking at a Banyan tree. If you don't know what it looks like, here's a picture of a Banyan tree in Waikiki:


The roots hang from the branches, and when they reach the ground they enter it and grow bigger and stronger, so that they almost become mini tree trunks. The reason I like the Banyan tree so much is because the roots hang from the tree, then become the supporting force behind it. I could talk a lot more about it... but that's not the point of this post :). Here's the poem:

The Banyan Tree

The Banyan tree,
Reaches down,
To pierce the solid ground,
With it's quavering roots,
That sway in the wind,
And become,
An immovable element,
Solid in the earth.


There were more poems.... But they're not done yet.... ehheh.... *sweat*

1 comment:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! I'm sooooo excited I get to have Immortal Sands and The Writer's Saga in my book!!!!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete