Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mai poems

Here are the poems that I submitted to my (old) school's literary magazine. They both made it in.

A Writer's Saga


The battle cries heard,
From the depths of the pages,
Still resonate on,
Throughout all the ages.

The towering spire,
That rises still higher,
Rules on the brink,
Of paper and ink.

The bellowing roar,
Of a great war,
Voices lent,
From minds well spent.

A path well ridden,
Of words well written,
The saga still strong,
Though the writer's long gone.

They dance and curve,
Those flowing words,
As black as night,
On sheets pale white.




I Can't Write a Poem


Of all the things I cannot do,
Poems are the worst, it's true!
The rhyming creations,
Can give me hallucinations,
But even that is not the worst,
It's when I try to make a verse,
It's quite a pain,
And hurts my brain,
To make a poem rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment